bluetooth and battery life on ibook

O

obobon

Hi.
I'm thinking about buying my very first mac. Probably an Ibook 14" with Bluetooth embedded.

So this leads to my first question: What bluetooth services / profiles are supportet with this Bluetooth card?
I'm thinking about using skype with my Motorola-Bluetooth Headset via ibook - will this work?

My second question is concerning battery life. How lang does the battery last on an ibook? Apple says up to 6 hours....well that's what Apple says ;-)
(surfing the web via wireless lan, writing some emails...) what duration should I excpect in daily life?

thanks
oliver

Reaction score
I think when they say 6 hours, its with barely anyhting running, and the brightness turned down. You will probably get about 4-4:30 hours out of it for regular use. Atleast thats what i hear. All bluetooth services will work with the blue tooth card. Its actually not a card though, I think it's wired to the logic board.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Motorola Headset will not work....Those are designed to work with phones and do not work with computers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i sit around where i live using iTunes with earphones, surfing the internet wirelessly, with the brightness all the way down to one bar, and using instant messenger and i let my battery get down to 45min and it is about 3-3.5 hours.

OP
C

cocoa_pants

I have a question related to bluetooth so I'll just ask it here instead of making a new thread. How long do the batteries last in a wireless apple mouse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
They last around 1.5-2 months if you don't turn them off when you aren't using them

OP
M

mangoSharingan

Yea, I would say around 4-4.5 hours with regular use, and dropping to less 2-3 hours when you're playing games or something. 6 hours at most if your brightness is turned down and you have only 1 or 2 applications open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Logitech has a new bluetooth headset that will work with computers...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.