I just bought a new MBP and my screen is messed up

Reaction score
I live overseas so I traveled to the states; bought the laptop, and came home opened and booted to this screen. Is this fixable..I cant believe I just spent over 2000 for a broken laptop that i cant return...Somebody please tell me what to do..
Thanks A lot...

photo.jpg

Reaction score
It doesn't look like the screen is damaged, so it leads me to believe that it is possibly a software issue. Most likely an error in the OS.

First, try rebooting the computer (I know it seems simple but it fixes many things)

If that doesn't work, try completely reinstalling the OS. This should fix the problem.

Best of luck.

Reaction score
If this doesn't work, then it is a hardware issue. There is nothing you can do in that case except contact Apple. If you recently bought it and no rough play was involved, then Apple will most likely replace it or help you fix it. As long as it is under warranty anyways.

Regards

Reaction score
Have you tried opening various things to see if there is a change in the appearance of the blackened area? I'd agree to it's probably just a software issue if this seems to be the case, I don't believe I have ever seen a screen do this due to a bad piece of hardware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.