Clicking the trackpad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
I'm not sure if this should be a question or a comment. After using a PC notebook for several years, I'm fairly well used to tapping on the touchpad to open an application. I've never used a touchpad on a Mac, but I have one now on my new Mac Book Pro. Do I understand correctly that I need to click the touchpad every time I want to open an application? It seems that tapping is a bit less labor intensive, and doesn't put wear on the touchpad where clicking would because you're deal then with a moving part. Just my opinion. Is there anyway around the clicking, or is that standard for a Mac?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
Found it. Done!

What a relief. I'm a very happy camper now with my new Mac! :)

Why isn't this set as default at the factory? I've been clicking like crazy before finding the checkbox. Sure glad I found it.

Thank you.

F

fade

No problem, It's been a while (about 4 years) since I last bought a PC laptop, but I had to enable touch click on it too... maybe it was just the way that manufacturer did it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.