What RSS reader with offline mode, synchronization and iPhone OS-compatible version?

Reaction score
Hi to all,

following the announced death of NetNewsWire RSS reader and associated NewsGator service, I'm looking for exactly three RSS clients, one for Ubuntu, one for Mac OS X, and one for the iPhone OS (!= iPhone !!). I want them to be synchronizable with an online service, proprietary or WebDAV storage so as to allow reading news online if there's no way to install a client software, and appear on all other client software as read.

It is essential that RSS news can be downloaded and read offline, particularly on the iPod Touch (= without wifi most of the time). I want the iPhone OS version to feature a clipping function such as the one that exists in NetNewsWire.

Until now, only NetNewsWire allowed such functions.

As much as possible, I want to avoid using Go0gle, because I don't want to be on file with Big Brother, because a web app doesn't answer the need for offline reading, and last, because G Reader ergonomics are not ideal.

So, what clients could answer these requirements? They don't need to come from the same company, just to be cross-compatible.

Thx for help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.