Dictionary Widget search string

Reaction score
I have a question/complaint but there's no easy to way to approach it, so bear with me.

In entering the 4-word title of this I made 5 typing errors. That's typical. I cannot type. So when I enter a word in the Dashboard widget dictionary search box, I'll made 1 or 2 typing errors.

Used to be with Tiger I could cursor in to the errors in the search box and correct them. But with Leopard 10.5.7 we are only allowed ONE touch of the string "per round." To explain ...

If the error is, for example, an H where a K should go, Dashboard used to allow us to remove the H and insert a K. No longer. Now when we remove the H, the cursor is flung over to the end of the word. If we type a K that's where it will go - at the end of the word!

To insert the K in the right place, we must return to where it should go - which is where we were before we were flung away - and insert it. After we do, the cursor will again be flung to the end of the word.

Dashboard has no user settings or preferences so this cannot be turned off. I hope this is a bug that Apple will correct in a future edition of Dashboard, and not someone's idea of a better way to handle corrections.
:(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.