volume in Garageband

Reaction score
hi all

I record my songs on Garageband, but there is a problem with the volume. When I play it in Garageband the volume is ok, but when I play it on Itunes the volume is really low.

Anyone knows what I need to do?

thanks,
Meven.

Reaction score
Try this,

In itunes control-click (right click) the file, and then select GET INFO. From there select OPTIONS. From there, you should see volume adjustment. Move that up to +100 % or less as necessary.

See if that works :)

OP
M
Reaction score

thanks you! it really works...

it is still lower from the garageband, but now the different is really small.

Reaction score
I am glad it seems to work better. One other possibility is that your volume in
Garageband is set too high.

There is a slider on the lower right of the screen, and if you set that all the way up, it might be too loud. Lowering this might reduce the difference in volume between garageband and itunes. This is because you could possibly just be used to using garageband at a volume level that is higher than the default.

Try experimenting with that

Regards

Reaction score
thanks you! it really works...

it is still lower from the garageband, but now the different is really small.

Any recording program is not necessarily going to give you the level or (more importantly) the 'loudness' you may be expecting if your used to listening to professionally recorded and mastered tracks.

Not administering some sort of mastering session may leave your songs sounding a little quiet compared to many modern and professionally processed songs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.