How is Dashboard disabled/closed?

Reaction score
Greetings, all.

I'm trying to optimize my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.4.11, 2.16 GHz, 3G RAM) for Logic Studio.

I've been looking to see if there's a way to prevent Dashboard from running in the background. Suggestions?

TIA for advice.

OP
S
Reaction score

Thanks for the suggestion, D3v1L80Y. The widgets are easily removed. I'm wondering whether the app actually closes just from removal of the widgets. The reason I'm wondering is that the "ON" arrow is always present in Dashboard without the user having to activate the app. This suggests that the app auto-starts as soon as OSX is up and running. I suspect I will have to disable the auto-start feature somehow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Thanks for the suggestion, D3v1L80Y. The widgets are easily removed. I'm wondering whether the app actually closes just from removal of the widgets. The reason I'm wondering is that the "ON" arrow is always present in Dashboard without the user having to activate the app. This suggests that the app auto-starts as soon as OSX is up and running. I suspect I will have to disable the auto-start feature somehow.
From the link I sent:
Clicking the “Disable Dashboard” button disables the Dashboard (F12 or the Dashboard icon in the Dock will no longer work) and quits the Dashboard.
Yes, it will start up again if and when you restart your computer... but constant restarts are not really needed and shouldn't be performed.

Still, clicking on that widget will in effect (and ironically) completely disable any widgets and end any active processes for Dashboard.
Just be sure to click on it before doing any work in Logic and you will be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.