import pictures to iphoto

Reaction score
Hello,
to this day, i manage my pictures collection in folders and subfolders.
each folder represent event that i had.

now, i want to import all of my pictures to iphoto.
is there any way to import by tool or script that can help me automatically open an event in iphoto for each folder ?

i have new 24' imac

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
If you select the top folder and import from there, iPhoto will automatically give you an event per folder. The event will even have the name of the folder!

OP
C
Reaction score
sub event or album

Firstly thank you,
I did it, really made my events according to the folders, but all events are in the same level.
I still worry how to proceed, is there a way to create a sub-event? Or the best way now is to create albums?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
There's no such thing as a Sub Event in iPhoto.

If you just import all the events using the File>Import to Library command or dragging the directories into iPhoto it should just put one event in per directory with images in, regardless of what level they're on.

If you have a top level directory, containing other directories with images in, you will only get names for the directories that actually contain images, not those that contain other directories.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
No sub levels I'm afraid they are all just 'Events'. When I import it does create an event for each sub folder though. I don't have any sub sub folders so don't know if it goes down to that level. Have you looked at Picasa? I have both but the jury is out as to which I prefer.

Reaction score
I look at Events as just a way to get photos into iPhoto. Most of the time all the photos in an Event are related some how so you can select them all and add a Keyword to all at the same time. Also with Keywords on each photo you won't have to remember which Event the photo is in a few years from now. You can have as many Keywords as you want on a photo to help find them later. Now with a few keywords added to your photos you can make some Smart Album's and your photos will pop right into them. With a Smart Album for "Holidays" and a rule to add all photos with the Keyword "Holiday" all Holiday photos will go there. Holiday photos could also have the Keywords "Birthday", Christmas" etc. Then they would all be in the Holiday Smart Album that you could scroll thru or just start to type in Birthday and all the Birthday photos will popup. You can sort by Date, Keyword, Title or Rate to find the photo or photo's you want. with a little forethought on making Keywords and Smart Albums there is almost and endless way to find your photos easy. Now with Faces and Places in iPhoto 09 there is even more ways to find the photos you want. As you can tell, I'm sold on iPhoto, Never again will I waste time digging in folders and subfolders and trying to remember what year I took a Photo of uncle Bob with the funny hat while on vacation at some lake. Now he is just a few key clicks away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.