17" unibody mbp - brand new - get battery checked?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
hi so i just got the new 2.8 17" mbp last night - i used it for a bit, registered the lappy, goofed around < 30 mins of usage... i had 12xxx mah charge capacity.... turned the machine off, went to bed came home from work and tried to turn on my mac and it wont turn on (figured the batter was dead)... plug'd in the charger and it now says "check battery" in the battery icon...

btw i haven't calibrated my laptop or charged it to 100% - i'm charging it as we speak... is this normal (like my battery isn't calibrated properly)?

i figured, i should calib. first before i go to the apple store and ask for help - they'll prob tell me to do this first... but i was wondering if anyone exp. something like this before.

ps. i also did a reset of the smc.

thanks in adv.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
Wow, never heard of that before. If you can't find a solution just take that baby back to the Apple store :D.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
sooo i installed cocobattery - and it said my lappy was 3months old (even though i got it yesterday)... i just came back and got my lappy exchanged with an 8 wk old one... and i'm calibrating it now - i hope all is good

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.