SlimBatteryMonitor

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I would like make a recommendation to all laptop owners. The icon battery status that is used on the mac os x just takes up too much space in the menu bar. And it does not have as many features as it should. But SlimBatteryMonitor has all the features; you would want in a battery status icon. There are many customizations that can be made to the icon, which makes it worth to try. Oh, I forgot, it's free!

SlimBatteryMonitor website:
http://www.orange-carb.org/SBM/index.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
it is pretty neat, but i dont really a difference in size, wait, that sounds funny, n e way neat toy. **** that sounds funny too. how about just neat. there it goes, much better.

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
fearlessfreap24 said:
it is pretty neat, but i dont really a difference in size, wait, that sounds funny, n e way neat toy. **** that sounds funny too. how about just neat. there it goes, much better.

I use centimeters; it seems to make things bigger than they seem. :eek: The app is free, so you got nothing to lose, if ya don't like it. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i notice that the original icon is still in the bar. whats up with that? will it disappear when i reboot?

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hold down the Command key, click on hold down on the old icon, then drag it away from the menu bar, and puff, it's gone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sweet, thanks

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ya learn something great about mac os x everyday! You could do that method in the prefs., but that's not as fun.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i can see a difference now. you can change the color of the text and the outline of the icon. check it out:

battery.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.