mic make clicking noise

Reaction score
when I record from garage band there is a clicking noise in the back ground of the recording. when I turn the volume up the noise gets louder but there is no clicking when I record from audacity. the same thing happens when I use an external mic. garage band is up to date. can anyone tell me how I can fix the problem.

I have attached the audio(in a zip archive format) of what happens

View attachment clicking_noise.mp3.zip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
It definitely has something to do with the sampling rate with garageband. I actually had the same exact problem with my old computer. Although I find it very odd that the clicking is coming exactly on tempo with the metronome.. weird. I would try resetting your computer (naturally) or reinstalling garageband. Are you using any plug-ins that didn't originally come of garageband?
When all else fails - go to the genius bar ;)
Wish I could help you more
~Jmurr

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
That is just GarageBand's metronome, I think. Turn it off by pressing command-U in GarageBand.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.