PowerBook Problem with Airport...whats up??

W

wahdiatme

I haven't been using my wireless lately in my dorm room, just ethernet hookup. Tonight when I tried to turn my airport extreme on it wouldn't come on. I clicked it, clicked turn airport on, and it acted like it might have been coming on then didn't. I restarted and it worked fine. After about 7 minutes of use, I closed the lid and put it to sleep. When awoken from sleep again the airport was off and wouldn't come back on again until I restarted it.

What is causing this problem?

I've also noticed that a lot of times whenever I wake my powerbook up or restart my HD icon is moved to some other part of the desktop where I didn't have it...??...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
First step is to try repairing permissions.

When you get the airport to turn on is it able to connect to a network?

OP
S

Steel02001

I too have problems with wireless after sleeping.

However, my thingy has never moved like yours has.

OP
S

SamR

I've also been having airport problems. It's not allowing me to connect or recognize networks that I have previously been connected to. Sometimes I can't get a signal from a network that is set up 7ft from my computer. Also, if I do connect to a network sometimes it will show full signal but not allow me to go anywhere saying 'the specified network cannot be found.

OP
W

wahdiatme

ok i've repaired permissions twice and it worked for little bit.. and i just woke it up, repaired permissions again, and it still doesnt work.

i dont get it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.