Buying from eBay and Apple store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
Hey all, I'm going to be getting a MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.8 ghz 4g 500gb. Found one brand new on eBay for a really good price. Seller does state that it is new and in a sealed box. My question is: If I do get this from eBay will the Apple Store honor the standard warranty? Until, I can purchase the apple care. Can I make appointments at the genius bar? See, I'm coming over to the dark side after having a really unpleasent experience with HP/ windows vista (it's a long, drawn out story. remind me to share it with y'all sometime). I have all my music on my iTouch and I wanted the geniuses to transfer my music from my iTouch to my new MacBook. Can they do that?
All help requested from you awesome Mac owners.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yes the Apple warranty is fine if you buy it on e-Bay.

In fact if you were to buy a used Apple computer that still has warranty on it...that transfers to you as the new owner as well.

Just be careful buying on e-Bay. I've known some folks to "stretch" the honesty of the statement "new, in a sealed box".

A "sealed box"...could mean...the dude opened the box, played with the computer a bit, put the computer back in the box, and sealed it with his own tape!

Technically that's a "sealed box"! ;D

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.