Can't send or receive emails in Mail using Belkin router

Reaction score
Help! I am having intermittent trouble with sending and receiving emails in the Mail programs of both my MacMini and MacBook Pro. Both are brand new (July 2009) running OS X on the same home network (one wired and one wireless). I have a Belkin N1 Router and can consistently surf the net without interruption - even when unable to get emails. I use MobileMe for both accounts and have been in touch with their support personnel who insist it's not their issue. Could it be the router? I have been talking with Belkin without resolution. Anyone with any other ideas?

Thanks.

sl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
Try connecting your modem directly to your Mac and see if the message sends then. If it does, then you'll have to get a new router. I doubt that's the issue though. Sometimes with MobileMe, I've noticed I have to quit Mail.app and then re-open it for the message to go through, I have a Linksys router (WRT610N).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Also make sure you don't have a firewall (hardware or software) on that's blocking e-mail ports.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White Leopard, 10.5.7, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Memory, 148 GB, iWork '08, iLife '09

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.