Issues on Duplicate emails

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac 0SX 10.5.7 2.4. GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Hullo

I am a beginner in Technoology - and I love my Mac

I have an iMac 10.5.7

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

The last few week a few of my emails were presenting in my inbox of Macmail in duplicate, sometimes an email might come through in triplicate. duplicates

They are now coming in fast and furious. Also lately the initial email will arrive in the morning and the duplicate or triplicate arrives later in the day

Most of these e-mails are not personal emails. They are generally from forums or other websites I have subscribed to.

A few nights I called my ISP provider and we did a test by my sending 2 different emails to myself. They both arrived as singles.

They checked my web mail they can only see single emails - though this might be difficult for them to judge as all emails once sent to my inbox are immediately deleted from my webmail. Though they checked my webmail trash - and they said there we no duplicates or triplicates.

I would be grateful for some expert to advice on how to deal with this problem.

thank you

Sue

I would be grateful if your assistance can be jargon free

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - C2D 1.83GHz, 2GB, 320G HDD
I'm going to assume you are using POP with your ISP account. Go into the preferances for that account. Do you have it set to delete the messages from the server?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac 0SX 10.5.7 2.4. GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
OS 10.5 - Issues on Duplicate emails

I am using POP on my ISP account.

Yes I have " Remove copy from server after retrieving a message" and its ticked to do it right away -

Sue

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.