My screen gets some kind of hotspot

Reaction score
Hey everyone for some strange reason my Mac gets what looks to be maybe a hot spot in the lower right hand corner every now and again. I notice it usually most of the time happens when I am playing a game on the Mac for a short period of time....Lately it has been happening more and more even when I do not play a game on the Mac. I will be taking it to the  store tomorrow but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had any similar problems and could shed some light on this. Also what do you think  will do about this problem?

Here are some pictures

IMG00065.jpg

IMG00061.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Looks like you have a cluster of pixels in the lower right corner of the display that are beginning to die. If the machine is still under warranty, Apple should replace the display at no charge.

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply....yea I went to the apple store today and they replaced the screen for me free of charge under warranty but they did not say whether or not they knew what the problem was.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.