2007 Macbook DVI connection to video projector

Reaction score
I'm unable to connect my 2007 MB using the mini-dvi to dvi adapter to a video projector(LG dx125). I'm connecting all the cables with the computer still off and I've tried with 2 macbooks and 2 adapters.

With a 2008 MBP (direct DVI output) everthing works.

Can it be a incompability between the MB and the video projector?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If it works with the MBP, it should work with the MacBook you tried. Make sure you are using the correct cables from the MacBook. It's also possible the mini DVI adapter you tried is defective.

When you attach the projector to your MacBook, does it recognize the projector in the displays preferences? Do you have the display preference set to mirror?

I'm using a mini DVI adapter to a DVI cable on my MacBook connected to an external monitor and it works fine. A projector is in realty an external monitor with greater capability.

Regards.

OP
N
Reaction score
The computer acts like it dont recognize it is connected to the projector.
I've tried with 2 adapters so that should not be the problem.

Too bad I don't have any regular DVI monitor to test it.

OP
N
Reaction score
true.

2 different MB(2006 and 2007) and 2 adapters. Neither combination worked.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, it could be your MacBook Air has a defective video output port. That would definitely keep it from recognizing the projector. If you can test the air with an external monitor that would tell you one way or another.

But from your original post, it appears you tried the projector on two MacBook machines and got no response. Is that correct or am I reading your first post wrong?

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.