Gay.com drops connection

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been having trouble in general with the gay.com website- I keep getting the screen "Safari can’t open the page “http://gay.com/” because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again."

I do wait and try again, and the same thing happens. Over on the firefox side of things, the page doesn't even load (just get a blank screen with a "done" at the bottom). I don't think this is the java problem which was posted already back in 2008. I'm using linksys wireless from roadrunner in NYC, and I don't think my roomates have any blockers/firewalls installed.

Any ideas?

OP
B
Reaction score
I was able to reset safari and all seems to be working well...for now. I wonder how cookies/browser cache could cause it to drop the connection?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Maybe Apple has something against Gay.com! ;D

Just kidding!

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple MacBook Pro 15 in. 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4g ram DDR3 and 320gig HDD
If it happens again all I would do is just empty my cache and delete all of the cookies.

-Patrick

Reaction score
Same thing happens to me. Resetting Safari works, but after a few minutes it stops working again. I'm not doing any crazy web surfing either. Other ideas, anyone? I don't want to have to reset Safari every few minutes...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Whereas i would do a search on this forum - if u are not sure how to do it - and add the DNS numbers for your ISP, both the Primary and Secondary DNS numbers to Network settings in your Mac in airport or ethernet whichever u are using. If u dont have them they should be on ISP support or in the Linksys - check admin page.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of Safari are you running? I was getting that same message every couple of days on the Apple Store. I would empty the Cache and kill off Cookies and it would work again without that message, and happen again in a day or so. Then Safari 4.0.3 came out and the issue never happened again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.