Warranty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Unibody Macbook (end 2009)
Hi everyone :)

Im new here and also new to the world of Mac. As a long time PC user, I cant tell you how excited I am about making the switch!

I shall be purchasing a Macbook Pro very soon and have a question regarding the warranty etc. If I were to purchase from a different retailer other than Apple themselves, can I still take the machine to an Apple store if (god forbid) anything went wrong with it, or would it HAVE to go via the retailer I bought it from?

Also how would this change if I purchased Apple care?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andy

Reaction score
Your apple product comes standard with one year of AppleCare no matter where you buy it as long as it's a new machine from an authorized reseller. That means you can take care of any problems through apple at stores or through the mail. You may want to purchase the AppleCare for warranty coverage past the initial year but that's up to you.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Unibody Macbook (end 2009)
Thats great to know, thanks :)

Is there any reason at all I would have to take it back to the retailer I bought it from, or will taking it to an apple store achieve exactly the same outcome (if not better!).

The reason im asking is because there is a chance I might buy the machine at a store which isn't very near my home town, so i'm just trying to weigh up the pro's and con's of doing this.

Thanks for your help.

Andy

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Need to make sure they are an authorized reseller.

You can verify here.

Reaction score
They can take care of you without stepping into a store. My friends had a issue about a year ago and they sent him a next day box and had it back within 5-10 days I can recall the exact amount, but needless to say it was very fast. The turn around is about 2-3 weeks faster than at a geek squad in best buy. Apple service is fantastic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.