Remote screen sharing

Reaction score
Hi!

I've connected a mac mini to a big screen witch is gonna show commercials and etc. And the thing is that i want to be able to share screen not over LAN, but through the internett. This is so that i can controll the mac mini from other places than being on the same LAN network.

The mac mini is connected to a different internet source than the one im gonna controll it from.

Both mac are connected through the internett.
Iv'e enabled screen sharing on the sharing tab in system preferences on both macs.

Can anybody help me?O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
you have a few options and some are free and some will cost ya:

1. my favorite by far is to have an apple router and a mobile me subscription. this has costs but actually allows you to see your mini in "shared" in finder no matter where you go. you can then not only screen share but also drag and drop files. there are a ton of great features for mobile me but this is one of the best in my opinion.

2. you did not mention what you would be using to connect to your Mini as far as if it is a windows machine or another mac etc... so i recommend you check out this wiki page and then come back if you have questions.

good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.