Mail will not retrieve Emails

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2.5
I have a new problem with mail. I have noticed that I have not received a new email since the 22nd. Ok let me try elaborate. I have 4 email accounts with two different providers. Two of them will not retrieve the mail. I can logon to the webmail and look at them and I can have Mail check account info and they all show up, but I keep checking get mail and it will not retrieve it from the server.... I have taken offline and put back online. with no luck... The other two accounts have no problems.... Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
Maybe the provider for those two accounts changed their POP/IMAP settings? Are the two nonworking ones the same provider? (Gmail, Yahoo, etc).

OP
Clark20ry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2.5
Maybe the provider for those two accounts changed their POP/IMAP settings? Are the two nonworking ones the same provider? (Gmail, Yahoo, etc).

Well no not that I know of. You can highlight the account and click Get Account Info and it will connect and show all the mail on the server so I assume that it still has all the correct settings...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
What if you removed the accounts then added them again?

OP
Clark20ry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2.5
Ok somehow the SSL box was checked.... Once I unchecked that it worked. I wonder why it changed. I made no changes that I know of....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
Ok somehow the SSL box was checked.... Once I unchecked that it worked. I wonder why it changed. I made no changes that I know of....

Glad ya fixed it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White Leopard, 10.5.7, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Memory, 148 GB, iWork '08, iLife '09
Providers

Well, on my mail app I have 4 accounts set up. All of these are Gmail accounts, and they all work great. So, this may be what is causing it not to work.

I find that googlemail is the easiest mail server to set up on Mail, and I always get my emails on the dot.

Check out this site on how to set up Gmail with mail:

If you have mail V.2- go here:

Apple Mail 2.0 - Gmail Help

If you have mail V.3+ go here:

Apple Mail 3.0 - Gmail Help

I used them to help me set up my mail accounts.

I also know that MSN (Hotmail) does NOT work on mail.

Hope I helped!

Bendy Straw
The All-Time Mac User

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.