This calendar is horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
They were selling better electronic calenders at walgreens in the late 90's than the one they put on the iphone today. It's amazing how mac/iphone users put up with this.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Do you have a question, suggestion or something to substantiate this claim in any way, or are you just trolling?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I guess that makes me amazing. Thanks fromobile!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
I've only one small issue with the calender program on the iPhone, but other than that I think it is both effective and easy to use. Care to fill us in on what you don't care for?

Myself I don't like that while the iPhone/iCal both support multiple calenders, you can not move an appointment from one calender to another on the phone, it must be done via iCal. Hopefully this will be fixed at some point, but until it does, I can live without it.

OP
F
Reaction score
Guys, since the dawn of the paper calendar, people have been quickly scribbling stuff onto them. Most calendar programs, you POINT at the time you wish to write an appointment in at, and then TYPE in the appointment. Why Mac has decided that it is better to move to two different screens to set an appointment just goes to show you that they don't really care about making efficient machines. It's the part about macs that drives me crazy: sometimes they can't make simple things delightful, so instead of just adding them on a menu or whatever, they leave them out... it is so LIKE MY PURPLE TUTU up stubborn, weird, mac user zombie "yes, this is the way it should be master..." messed up to me I can NOT understand it. Just let a person touch the time they want to schedule for...why?!?! just let us touch the time and write in the appointment... instead we have to go to this ridiculous page where you use those moronic scrolly wheels on the NEXT PAGE to pick a time, and accidentally change it from am to pm? IT'S OK MASTER, YOUR APPS MELT LIKE BUTTER IN MY BRAIN, COMMAND ME!
Any person, ANY person, who thinks that the calendar on an iphone isn't completely idiotic is in denial. Try a blackberry for 5 minutes. Man, try a palm pilot from a decade ago.
The truth is that Mac knows that it's users don't care about functionality, they like their products to be pretty, magical or whatever. I heard a guy at the mac store say "well, we feel that too many options takes away from the overall affect of the product". Basically, they think you guys are so stupid, you can't handle having your own personal preferences. Or, they want to be like having a short menu at a fancy restaurant..classy?
When I used to work customer service at a .com back in 2000, when anyone had an "aol.com" email address, we knew that person was going to be an idiot. "have you tried turning on your computer, sir?". Mac is the new AOL. "Allowing our customers to decide on too many ring/vibrate options might make them uncomfortable".
Quality? Yes. Unbelievable quality. Great ideas? Yes. The things that work, work great. Stupid? You betcha! All you can eat. And the brainwashed customers to boot. Hey, nice magnifying glass. That thing is so pretty and...useful? No single "messages" folder? ***? "Oh, well, people sure like the fancy texting bubbles, we decided to put those on there instead of making it easy to look at your emails and texts in one place, our customers don't mind!"

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
...what?

First off, and a pet peeve of mine, the company is called Apple, not Mac. This would be like me calling MS "Windows" or GM "Corvette".

Secondly, if you have gripes with Apple, then so be it. No one is forcing you to use an Apple product and if you expect to come to an Apple forum and receive constructive feedback after a pointless rant, you are greatly mistaken.

Thirdly, I take offence to the fact that you think that anyone who uses Apple products are part of a "brainwashed mass". I've seen some people so vehemently argue for the merits of MS products that it makes Apple users look tame. "Fanboyism" is by no means limited to those who use Apple products and the fact that you think it does makes me think you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to product/corporate allegiance.

Fourthly, removing options from the end product is not necessarily a bad thing. In many cases, it can ensure that people who don't know what they're doing can't screw things up. Also, simplicity defined through a lack of options can make for a great product. As an example, I would use GNOME over KDE (*nix desktop environments) easily - the former being known for simplicity and a lack of options while the latter is known for allowing complete customization.

Not all people are enamored with Apple aesthetics. I appreciate the design of the products but I appreciate even more the Unix core that ships with OS X along with the ease of use. It combines the best of both worlds. Essentialist arguments about Apple users is weak at best - not all people say "ooohhhh, shiny!" when they use Apple products. Some people, such as myself, appreciate all the things that can't be understood through surface evaluation (such as the Unix base).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
238ec3323727f0full.jpg

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well, I suppose my first suspicion was correct. We're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.