3D programs such as Maya?

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone been using any 3D programs such as Maya, 3d max ect on any of the Macbook pros. Im thinking about getting a MBP with 2.8ghz, 4gb ram, and the 9600Gt graphics card, do you think this will allow such programs to work well?
Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
care to elaborate?

What's to elaborate?...your question was "do you think this will allow such programs to work well?"

The answer is yes.

A 2.8ghz MacBook Pro with a 9600 graphics card is the fastest & most capable laptop currently available from Apple. If this laptop can't do it...then you need a 4-core or 8-core Mac Pro desktop computer!!!

If you were asking about an older less capable laptop, that would be a different story...but this is the fastest most capable laptop Apple currently sells!!!

It's like asking...I need a car to back & forth to work...I'm thinking about buying a Ferrari...Do you think that it will get me there fast???

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.