some kind of an error?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5, MAC OX, 80GB HD, 1GB RAM
Alright heres the deal...

I basically use my G5 to record music using ProTools... I dont store anything on it everything i have is stored on a Firewire external hard drive... Never had a problem untill last night... the computer just froze while i was in the middle of recording... the screen went blury (looked like plaid)... I shut it down a few times and even unpluged it for 10 minutes and i kept doing the same thing... then finally a sign poped up that said "your computer needs to shut down hold down the power for several seconds.... I did that a few time and it kept freezing on me and that sign still poped up... Also the fan came on in the inside of the computer and blew extremely fast...

Could anyone tell me what this is or what is this a sign of?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Definitely some kind of hardware problem. Logic board, graphics card, power supply, ?

Do you have your original install media? Try running the Apple Hardware Test on the machine. I don't know if it will tell you anything definitive but it's worth a try. Apple Hardware Test.

Post back with results.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.