13.3" MBP 2.26GHz. How to upgrade to 4GB of RAM.

Reaction score
I found this site, looks fairly cheap for 4GB, reputable? and will it work?
RAMJET Inc. - Item Details

I work at Best Buy, so i get a huge discount on geek squad services, so I'm most likely going to have them install the modules for me, might as well pay the $10-20 bucks so I know its done right. I've bought ram for a desktop pc but never for a notebook. I'm looking to spend ~$100, and I wouldn't go over $150 total, including installation. So would the link^ work, or not. And if anyone has any suggestions on what to get that would be appreciated!

~Jake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I found this site, looks fairly cheap for 4GB, reputable? and will it work?
RAMJET Inc. - Item Details

I work at Best Buy, so i get a huge discount on geek squad services, so I'm most likely going to have them install the modules for me, might as well pay the $10-20 bucks so I know its done right. I've bought ram for a desktop pc but never for a notebook. I'm looking to spend ~$100, and I wouldn't go over $150 total, including installation. So would the link^ work, or not. And if anyone has any suggestions on what to get that would be appreciated!

~Jake

You can probably get it a little cheaper than that if you look around. It is not hard to install, and there are guides everywhere. Save money and do it yourself.

Oh, to answer your question....That is the right memory for the MBP.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
That is seriously overpriced RAM.

Get this.

Watch this. Brought to you by one of our own forum member. (chrismac)

OP
O
Reaction score
I read a few articles that said 8GB wouldn't work. Is that true? I read that 4 was my limit. I'm trying to get the most I can in this thing, ha. I want a powerhouse. And don't tell me 8 is unneccesary because I know it is! And one more annoying question: is 6 or 8 gigs going to be uber expensive? 4 is only $60 now that i saw your link or does it get pricey when your getting 4gb sticks or not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I read a few articles that said 8GB wouldn't work. Is that true? I read that 4 was my limit. I'm trying to get the most I can in this thing, ha. I want a powerhouse. And don't tell me 8 is unneccesary because I know it is! And one more annoying question: is 6 or 8 gigs going to be uber expensive? 4 is only $60 now that i saw your link or does it get pricey when your getting 4gb sticks or not?

The new MBP will take 8gb, but it is cost prohibitive. I am like you, I get things because I can but I know that I will never add 8gb of ram to my machine. I will spend that money on many other things first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.