Home Folder Deleted!

Reaction score
Hello you guys..
I accidentally deleted a users account and the home folder. I chose delete the home folder without saving as a disk image, so I can't find it as a disk image because it deleted it. OMG!!! How do I get back my home folder????? PLEASE HELPPPPP!!!!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You should wait more that 21 minutes to effectively "bump" your thread.

As for file recovery, you could try something like FileSalvage or Data Rescue II. I haven't tried either so download the demo to see if it works for you.

The longer you wait and the more you write to the disk, the less likely that any file recovery will be possible. This would also be a good time to suggest that you purchase an external HD and set it up with Time Machine. If this were to happen to you again and you had TM set up, recovery from the backup would be easy and take a matter of minutes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.