How to remove 3g chrome bezel?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
Anyone remove the bezel from the back plate? Im doing this on a friends Iphone 3g. I have the entire phone broken down, but cannot for the life of me figure out how the chrome bezel is attached to the back black piece.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" late 2008, iMac Intel 20" 2006
I can say you have pretty much screwed up your friends iPhone, but why would you want to remove it?

Reaction score
go here: they have every whcih way you can dissasemble and reassemble the phone....look under the "rear panel" section there and it should tell you:

iPhone 3G Repair

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
Looks from the ifxit directions is glued in place. Not sure if its even possible to remove it.

Reaction score
Looks from the ifxit directions is glued in place. Not sure if its even possible to remove it.

It is glued. If you squeeze the long edges the glue will crack and you will be able to get a spudger in the crack while applying pressure. You can then gently pry the bezel off. Carefully clean the old glue off with a blade. Use 5 minute Araldite to glue it back - it stays a bit soft. Be sure to polish any excess off immediately with paper towel.

Macintosh_Repairs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.