Switcher here - just introducing myself and one question re spoken time

Reaction score
Hi all

Switcher here in Greater manchester, UK. thought I'd bob on and say hi to you all - had the iMac for just over a week with the cordless (bluetooth) keyboard (no numeric keypad) and mouse.

Likin it so far and so pleased to get away from Micro$oft. Will doubtless have loads of questions over coming months and apologize in advance for any daft ones or other indiscretions.

One quick question, if I may, on the hour a voice booms out announcing the time ... this is fine ... but can I change the voice on it ? Not too keen on the American Accent (no offense intended)

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Hello Judderman 62, welcome to the Forum.

Left click on the time, then click on Open Date and Time. Check the box which says Announce the time. Then click the box with Customize Voice. From there just take your pick. HTH.

OP
J
Reaction score
OK thanks for that. Just had a play and the default one, alex, is only one that sounds remotely human so will stick with him and see if there's more/better choice when snow leopard comes out "-)

Thanks again for reply and promptness thereof

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.