compress files in macintosh

Reaction score
I guys. I would like to know if there's a software for macintosh where I'm able to compress a big file into several smaller ones. I want to be able to compress into 2 or 3 files and burn this same file in dvd's.

I know there is the dropstuff but it doesn't work for me, with big files. Don't know why :S

thanks

Reaction score
try SimplyRAR:

_http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/21430

OP
G
Reaction score
Well, i've try it already. I can't split files into 4.2 gigas to burn into Dvd's. The only options are to small, making the biggest one at 100 megas. And the option "user defined" doesn't work for me :/

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What kind of data are you working with and what is the outcome you're looking for? If it's to compress multiple video files to fit to video DVD, you should consider a program like Handbrake that is meant to work with video formats.

Reaction score
compressing pdf files

I found a way to compress my mac project from a 30mb pdf, to a 1.1mb pdf (I was very happy to figure this out). first convert your document (any document) to pdf, then open the pdf file and pdf viewer. then go file>save as> ...you should see a menu option called quartz filter, 2nd option from the bottom is "reduce file size". select that option and hit save. I should work, it did for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.