Need new motherboard housing for mbp a1211

Reaction score
Hello guys, the mbp has been gome thru alot i wish to replace the motherboard housing and keyboard housing, where Is a cheap place to get thiss? I looked on ebay buy no luck too expensive, thanks

model macbook pro 15" a1211, c2d 2.33ghz 2gb ram, 120gb hdd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
You may want to try iFixit. I get parts from them from time to time and the prices always seem reasonable.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hello, first off thanks for responding. AnywaysI looked at ifixit, and they are talking about 250 for upper case and 240 for lower case which is $490+ shipping.......kind of insane pricing if you ask me.....I mean their actual costs are probably like 25 bucks for both.

I am lost/dumbfound as to why in the world a case costs more than a cpu or motherboard which takes millions of dollars and freakin "rocket" scientists to make.....anyone share the same expressions as me? I would write an email to ifixit it but they would most likely ignore it, not worth wasting time. :(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Unless you can find a cheap "parts" computer...laptops (and even desktops)...just aren't cost effective to repair via parts retailers. They're going to charge top price for the parts.

You gotta find someone with a broken computer...where the parts you need work.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.