Can't load Service Pack 3 XP Pro / Boot Camp

Reaction score
Using Boot Camp, I created a 32GB partition, formatted to NTFS with Windows installer and installed XP Pro Service Pack 2, no problems. I put my disc with Service pack 3 in, did the system config check and told me it wants 4 more MB??? Got rid of around 50 MB and tried again, same result. I let XP go through all the updates, when it hit Service Pack 3, same again! Anyone out there ever run into this problem? Thanks for any help you could toss my way.
Alan

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Are you sure you formatted it in NTFS? It sounds like you're using FAT32.

If so, it's easy enough to fix. Just open up the command prompt in Windows, then type the following:

Code:
convert c: /FS:NTFS

OP
G
Reaction score
Just a quick note to fellow newbies... search the past posts really well and you'll likely find the answer to your question like I just did. Update Boot Camp for Windows to 2.1, problem solved!

Reaction score
Remember - BC 2.1 is a Windows executable, so be sure and install it IN WINDOWS. That will help with upgrading SP2 to SP3.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.