Horizontal line on screen when looking at pics

Reaction score
I've had my Macbook for only 2 months and these past 2 days I've noticed a thin, horizontal line would pop up on my screen whenever I'm looking at pics (iPhoto, Facebook on Firefox internet, etc). Sometimes the line will pop up on my desktop. I still have warranty on it, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and how'd they fix it? :[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
so it appers every time you view a picture? what about video or something graphically intense, like a game? is the line always in the same place?

I'm guessing it's a lcd problem, you should take it back under warranty. In the worse scenario it's a graphics card issue, but it should be covered under warranty

btw on my old lcd I always gently rubbed the screen in places of a "dead" pixel and sometimes it goes away for a while ... but that is just annoying :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook5,1
Yeah, i definitely wouldn't mess around with it. I just recently had a screen flickr on my new mackbook when i'd open the cover. I checked it in... Only downfall was the 2 weeks that it took to send out. But they ended up replacing the whole lcd screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.