13" 2.26 HDD Upgrade.?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
So I just got done doing the hard drive upgrade. I read some good reviews about the hard drive that I have. It is the Seagate Momentus 500GB 7200rpm hard drive. I followed everything in the video posted above.

Everything went smoothly, UNTIL I got to the little hard drive screws that are on the side of the hard drive. I forgot about the T6 Torx screwdriver and so I had a bit of a problem getting those little screws out of the side of the hard drive. So I ended up getting some pliers and just twisting them out which it worked. Then I just twisted them into the new hard drive and it worked.

All in all, it was an easy upgarde which I honestly thought it was going to be a lot harder than it was. Now I have a super fast hard drive and a whole bunch of space (465 GB) of hard drive left over. I will never run out now!
Thanks for the guide Chrismac it really helped me out.

Next thing on the list is memory upgrade... Can't wait to do it. Then I will have a MBP 13 inch with 4GB memory and 500GB hard drive. Thing will be screamin!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.