is macbook charger as bad as powerbook?

Reaction score
I just got a new macbook as my powerbook finally bit the dust. I was wondering if people are having the same problems with the chargers breaking? I am so scared I tried to jury rig a preventitive method. anyways curious about how you have all done with the chargers.

Reaction score
I don't know about any previous problems but my Mac Book charger is fine, I have had it about 10 months. It's the same as colleagues chargers for MB and MBP and no one has mentioned problems.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I don't think that most people that are careful with their computer equipment have much of a problem with the laptop chargers. If you drop it accidentally, of course it may break.

The chargers on newer laptops are no better or no worse. If you accidentally drop them, they may break as well.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Oh I did not mean dropping problems. I meant the loose connections where the cord plugs into the computer and where it leaves the adapter. I have trouble believing this is uncommon because I know three people who had it with the G4.

I tried to do a preventive thing with string.
Preventing my macbook charger from breaking?

OP
M
Reaction score
The post that my Spanish post was responding to was deleted. I promise it made more sense before that happened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 128GB/4GB SDRAM & iMac 2.5GHz QuadCore 500GB HardDrive / 8GB SDRAM
This forum always has the answer! My adapter is biting the dust as we speak. I've had it for 4 years and I have babied it. Well it is getting super hot now and the connection to the computer is intermittent at best so I followed your link in the post above and found the MacWizards Store. I purchased one from them and I am hoping it will be okay for me.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The post that my Spanish post was responding to was deleted. I promise it made more sense before that happened.

I saw & remember the post that you responded to. The post that was deleted...was a VERY strange response to your even earlier posting.

I'm about 99.9% sure it was from a "Windows" person trying to start trouble on the forum.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
good call. I also went for the mac wizards one. it was pretty cheap and lasted for the rest of my powerbooks natural life. (about two years)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.