What Airport Express Speed Do I Need?

Reaction score
I couldn't find exactly the answer to this question, so thought I would post. I'm about to buy an Airport Express to go with my new Mac mini. I will be using it to stream music to my stereo, as a wireless USB printer port, and to connect my XBox 360 to the internet. So:

Does it matter if I buy the previous generation (up to "g" speeds) instead of current generation ("n" speeds)? Will I notice the difference? If it matters, I'll only be using the internet on my Xbox for d'loading games, updates, etc., not for online gaming.

Thanks for the help and for all the great advice on the boards!
brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
if i am correct xbox 360's wireless card is a g so it will run the n airport express in compatibility mode of g so it will be exactly the same. but if you are connecting a computer to play music and print that has a wireless n card in it, i say buy an n and take advantage of faster data transfer and greater distances.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.