Replacing some parts

Reaction score
Hi I'm jeremy and im new to this forum but not so new to mac. I have had a white macbook for close to 3 years now, i have an original late 2006 model. On my screen i have a line about 1/4 of the way down from the top and my superdrive doesnt work correctly. (When i put a disk in the drive doesnt pull it in i have to force it in but once its in it works fine.

So i just recently purchased a broken macbook off ebay with a good screen and superdrive:
Macbook 13.3 Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz AS-IS REPAIR - eBay (item 200364307331 end time Jul-23-09 10:14:12 PDT)

and i found a guide on how to do everything:
http://www.powerbookmedic.com/Manuals/13-inch-macbook-manual.pdf

This would be my first time taking apart my macbook, but i have had computer experience in the past.

Basically what i wanted to do was to switch out the super drive and the entire display module because i figured that would be easier than actually taking out the lcd screen.

Could you guys with more experience tell me if there are any tricks that arent mentioned in the guide or anything else?

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

OP
H
Reaction score
I was also thinking, when i plug in the screen and superdrive and everything, will they need drivers for everything? or will they just plug and play?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If it's the exact same model and spec Macbook as yours, everything should fit and just work. No drivers are needed that will not already be in OSX.

OP
H
Reaction score
If it's the exact same model and spec Macbook as yours, everything should fit and just work. No drivers are needed that will not already be in OSX.

Well i believe its a new model one because mine was one of the first ones but its the same style. Its just the beefed up version. That shouldnt matter correct? Mine is a 2.0ghz and this one is 2.16ghz.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.