What sort of case do you have on your iPhone and why?

Reaction score
Hi

I have a soft case on my iPod Touch, was thinking about getting similar for my 3GS but a friend has a hard case and it made me wonder what other people have and why?

Also, does the 3GS need a screen protector, or is better without?

thanks
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I have a Griffin Tech Clarifi. Awesome case, really helps with the close up photos too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
Incase Slider Case. Great color matching white on white. Fits snug and great protection.

OP
DB2k
Reaction score
thanks all

I'm starting to lean towards a hard case. I have a neoprene one on my touch and it does gather dust, but does protect it nicely. Just a bit concerned about the additional bulk of a hard case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
i have an incase slider with a matte black finish b/c i like the way if fits and with the finish it does not become slippery when i have to get a new case i will get the same one.

OP
DB2k
Reaction score
ok - quite fancied the Griffin tech clarifi but am not 100% convinced on its protection, so I've gone for a Switcheasy CapsuleRebel in safe but boring black
Welcome to SwitchEasy

thanks all

Reaction score
Speck Products, Candyshell i think they call it. Soft inside hard outside

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - C2D 1.83GHz, 2GB, 320G HDD
My 1st gen iPhone I had a Speck ArmorSkin. I wanted to protect my $500 investment, and that did a heck of a job. The clip/stand could be used to protect the screen and the case itself did a great job protecting it when I dropped it, which did happen a few times.

When I upgraded to the 3GS, I initially got the Speck ToughSkin which was basically the same case... however the TouchSkin was considerably bulkier than the ArmorSkin, and I didn't care much for it.

Right now I'm using a Incase slider and like it. Though I wish the case stayed together a bit better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I currently have this Belkin silicone case.

pr_belkin_silicone_sleeve_f.jpg

I like it because of the color (black/red), it's got a lot of girth to it, so I know if I drop it, it'll just bounce and my phone will be safe.

And lastly, it has great lay-on-the-table design. So no matter which way it lays down, I know my screen will not even come into contact with the surface it's laying on.

The only thing I hate about silicon cases, is that they are not "pocket-friendly." They get lint stuck to them and since they are rubber, the insides of my pockets get stuck to it and end up turning it inside out. It can be quite difficult sometimes to fish it out of a pocket when you're in a rush.

The next case I'm going to try is this one by Case-Mate.

getDynamicImage.aspx

I'm a sucker for carbon fiber, and despite this case's $80 price tag (for both holster and case), I think this one has a very sexy, yet executive look to it.

It's leather, and is textured. It shimmers so brightly from across the room. After seeing some YouTube unboxings of this case, the phone doesn't budge while it's inside. The fit/finish is superb with no sharp edges or bad seams.

The only thing I'm not going to like about it, is the fact that the top end is completely exposed (to allow the phone to slide in and access to the buttons/ports).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
I have a hard case by JAVOedge. It has a tacky feel and is not at all bulky. Its tacky feel makes it easier to hold on to and the design doesn't' hinder thumb typing. It has a hole on the back so the Apple logo is visible. Something that was a plus for me. I also have the same company's leather clip on belt holster. I just got this after the one from Marvel (sp?) ripped. Both are well made and not at all expensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24" Iphone 3GS
I have a Piel Frama leather case Piel Frama because I think it looks really nice, but also use the invisible shield to protect the screen invisibleSHIELD | because I am paranoid about breakages... Belt and Braces? That'll be me then sir

Reaction score
At the moment I am using the iFrogz Luxe. It has a velvet lining. I have it in orange. I currently have it on my phone because it is very easy to install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Always been an inCase slider fan since the orginal iPhone. But just got a new 3g relacement ( best buy service plan ) and am just loving the naked iPhone ! I know I need to put it back in a case but.....it's so smooth and sexy like this

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.