windows upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 5.1 (2.66GHz Intel Core 2Duo)
I installed an older version of windows xp on my mac which I was told was more stable and worked best on mac, but now I try to install some new programs and I just get stuck in the beginning of the installation because it says I must upgrade my wondows installer. I really don't know what to do...should I just unistall windows xp and install a recent version or is their any way of making an upgrade of my windows installer?

I really appreciate your help, because as you may see I don't understand a lot about this.

thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
This is simply Windows telling you actually need to upgrade the software that Windows uses to install applications (yes, I know, it's a bit confusing).

This should be updated for you when you do any system updates from XP. You may want to go to Windows Update and let Windows scan your system, recommend the latest system updates and install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.