Automatic Login still asks for password?!?

S

SYSTEM9

This is really frustrating, I want my computer to turn on at a certain time in the morning so that it can run certain programs that I have as startup items. BUT!, even though I have "Automatically login as" enabled, it still will only get as far as the login screen, and it prompts me for my password? what is the point of auto login if you have to type the password? when I first bought the computer it used to just start right up, but in time I added another account, at which point I was prompted for login and password. I have deleted that account and am now back to the original account, but it will not go back to the way it was. No matter what it always asks for a password before it completely startup. How do I bypass the login?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
go to account, log-in options. check automatically log in as and select the profile using the drop down box. it should then ask you for the password. hope this helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'm not sure if you can auto-login admininstrator accounts without a password.

I know it works for "normal" users, but I think admins always need a password.

Part of the security features...

OP
K

kabwon

aptmunich, that is not true, mine automatically logs in from startup and i only have 1 account which is obvisouly an administrator account.
Check whether a master password has been set, if so, remove it, remove all paswords. reboot and it should log in automatically. Then reset the password and set it back to auto log in on that account.
See if that works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
fearlessfreap24 said:
go to account, log-in options. check automatically log in as and select the profile using the drop down box. it should then ask you for the password. hope this helps
fearlessfreap24 is correct, system preferences>accounts>login options in the left column below accounts. and select your account where it says automatically login as:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.