External Monitor for MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (Early 2009)
Hey guys, due to my skills in editing and web design, I'm looking at possibilities of Dual-Screen capabilities with my MacBook.

Would anyone possibly be able to recommend me a suitable, 13.3" to 15.4" widescreen monitor (bear in mind I'm a UK member), and the kind of applications/devices I will need to get this to work.

Also, how would I go about putting say fro instance DreamWeaver CS4 to appear on the external monitor whilst Fireworks CS4 is on the MacBook monitor?

Many thanks,
Adam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Hi, I can't really recommend a specific brand per se, but as to the technical requirements you simply plug the external monitor into your Mac and you should be all set.

The Mac will detect the existence of the second monitor and you can simply drag and drop windows between the two. Essentially the Mac just expands to a 'virtual desktop' that is comprised of the area of both screens.

So, no 3rd party external devices are necessary save for any sort of adapter you may need to physically plug the external monitor into the Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.