Did I calibrate my battery correctly?

Reaction score
The instructions on the Apple website said to drain my battery until it went into sleep mode, then I had to shut down.

After it went into sleep mode, I had no idea of how to turn it off, I hit the power button thinking that it was completely shut down since the sleep light indicator stopped blinking.

Then I fully recharged and turned it on again. I found that it was not shut down completely, and it was in, correct me if I'm wrong, deep sleep mode.

Is my battery still calibrated?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP
The way I understand it is, use the laptop till it goes into sleep mode, let it sit in this stage for a few hours. THEN plug it in and let it charge up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
The directions say turn it off OR allow it to sleep for five hours or more. So it you let it sleep for at least five hours, you're good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" inch iMac.
i guess as well that you're pretty okay. :)

Reaction score
I called apple the other day for battery problems, they told me to calibrate it. They said the best way to calibrate is to charge the battery to 100% then overcharge it for 3 hours, after that use it till 0%, till it puts itself in to sleep mode, keep it that way for 5 hours. charge it to 100% and it should pump up the best battery health possible out of you battery

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.