How Can You Edit "Get Info" Of a File?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X MacBook White
Any one know how to edit the "Created" & the "Modified" information of a file at all??? their has to be a way :O

http://tiny.cc/NWKg4

poop.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Not through the GetInfo window, you would have to use the 'touch' command via the Terminal to do this. You can do a

'man touch'

in the Terminal to get more information.

OP
MacUser_88905
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X MacBook White
Not through the GetInfo window, you would have to use the 'touch' command via the Terminal to do this. You can do a

'man touch'

Ok I think i get it thank you, its quite self explanatory. Ill let you know if i have any trouble :)

OP
MacUser_88905
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X MacBook White

'man touch'

Ok and how would i do that? :O do you have a link or simple steps? Greatly appreciate your help and time :)

OP
MacUser_88905
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X MacBook White
How do you do "man touch" in Terminal to edit File Info

Can any one explain in simple steps on how to do "man touch" in Terminal to edit Egz."Modified: 19-jul-09 7:02 PM

Created: Sunday, July 19, 2009 7:02 PM
Modified: Sunday, July 19, 2009 7:02 PM" of the File Info part.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Sorry, I should have been more specific in my first post:

'man touch' simply displays the manual for the touch command. This manual will give you the necessary steps in order to change the file attributes.

So, to get to the man page:

1) Open a Finder window

2) From the Go Menu select Utilities (alternatively Type in Shift+Command+U (this will open the Utilities folder)

3) Open the Terminal.app

4) In the Terminal window type

man touch

You will be given a manual documenting the steps to do what you want. Note, this is a UNIX based command, so I am not sure how familiar you are with the command line. You may want to read up on navigating directory structures, files etc before doing this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alternative you could install the Developer Tools that come on your OSX disk and use RezWack.

More info can be found here:

setfile, a swiss army knife for file attributes

None of these approaches are very easy if you are not familiar with UNIX file attributes. I cannot find a GUI based tool to allow you to change file attributes.

OP
MacUser_88905
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X MacBook White
Sorry, I should have been more specific in my first post:

'man touch' simply displays the manual for the touch command. This manual will give you the necessary steps in order to change the file attributes.

So, to get to the man page:

1) Open a Finder window

2) From the Go Menu select Utilities (alternatively Type in Shift+Command+U (this will open the Utilities folder)

3) Open the Terminal.app

4) In the Terminal window type

man touch

You will be given a manual documenting the steps to do what you want. Note, this is a UNIX based command, so I am not sure how familiar you are with the command line. You may want to read up on navigating directory structures, files etc before doing this.

It is ok I understood that and got the instructions ill find a tutorial then. Thank you for your time and help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.