Alternatives to CleanMyMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (Early 2009)
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a free alternative to CleanMyMac?

Many thanks,
Adam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
If you really think you need one, try OnyX.

Most of the time, though, all the cleaning your Mac needs is a wipe-down with a damp cloth. Your Mac does its own maintenance for the most part.

Reaction score
How do you uninstall cleanmymac

I totally new to mac and I installed this cleanmymac which sound good but what I have read you don't need it - so how do I uninstall it? :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not good.

Look at the bottom of the page for The Bad Stuff. States cannot uninstall the demo version as they want you to pay the licencing fee first and there is adverse comment about this Ukraine software company.

Suggest installing AppDelete or AppTrap and then dragging the application to the trash and emptying.

Keep us posted?

CleanMyMac 1.5.1 — The Bad

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged Duplicate Posts/Threads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Our pleasure fear and stay with Mac Forums eh? Learn quite a lot here.

Reaction score
You can easily uninstall the trial version of CleanMyMac. Just like you would uninstall any other application on MacOS - drag and drop it in Trash.
We don't develop our application to make someone buy it by force.

Regarding the post about CleanMyMac being useless - it all depends on what you want it to do. You can use it as a great tool to free some disk space, and to clean Logs and cache - which DO make your system run slower.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry to revive and old thread buut the above statement by the developper does not work. Has left behind CleanMyMac Helper Tool which runs on every boot according to Console. How do we remove this?

Reaction score
Dear harryb2448,

You are right, my previous statement really does not work at this point, but that's because CleanMyMac has changed seriously since then. It just did not have the features that required the helper tool when I posted that. Now it has a separate 'Automatic Application Uninstaller' and a couple of other useful monitoring features that work by means of the helper.

At this point the best way to uninstall CleanMyMac correctly and completely is to use CleanMyMac itself to do that. Please just drag the CleanMyMac.app file into the 'Uninstall Applications' module area and then click Uninstall. CleanMyMac will just 'eat itself' with no trace :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lots of them
Dear harryb2448,

You are right, my previous statement really does not work at this point, but that's because CleanMyMac has changed seriously since then. It just did not have the features that required the helper tool when I posted that. Now it has a separate 'Automatic Application Uninstaller' and a couple of other useful monitoring features that work by means of the helper.

At this point the best way to uninstall CleanMyMac correctly and completely is to use CleanMyMac itself to do that. Please just drag the CleanMyMac.app file into the 'Uninstall Applications' module area and then click Uninstall. CleanMyMac will just 'eat itself' with no trace :)

I used an app called FIND ANY FILE and just did a search for CLEANMYMAC and it's amazing just how much CRAP was installed. Trash it ALL and you are then FREE from it and the super annoying NAGS for the new version

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.