SSD installation question

Reaction score
Hi,
I am thinking of installing a solid state drive on my macbook pro 13". I saw many videos and read apples guide on changing hard drive and it doesn't seem too hard, so that I can do. But once that's done, when it comes to installing leopard on it I believe it gets more complicated. I've been reading and I believe I have to run disk utility to format the drive or something...:'(. Can someone explain me in steps how to install leopard on it?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
You insert the installation DVD, Press and hold the C button while your computer is starting up. This will make it start the installation from the DVD.

When you install you can format or partiton the drive the way you want it. Use Disk Utility for that. You will be able to use that utility before the installation. (when it has booted from the DVD)

OP
G
Reaction score
You insert the installation DVD, Press and hold the C button while your computer is starting up. This will make it start the installation from the DVD.

When you install you can format or partiton the drive the way you want it. Use Disk Utility for that. You will be able to use that utility before the installation. (when it has booted from the DVD)

When exactly do I get to open up disk utility?
And what do you mean by partition OR format.
I found a guide which requires an External SATA Enclosure but I guess i can buy one. Here it is: How to Install a SSD (Solid State Disk) in a Macbook | Bukisa.com. If I ignore the step of the cloning will it work? Because I want to start from scratch.
thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.