Waking from sleep problems

Reaction score
Hi.
I have a G4 Power Book running OS X 10.5.7

I installed a new Western Digital SCORPIO 120 G IDE hard drive and since then the machine does not wake from sleep no matter how long I waite. I downgraded the OS down to 10.5 and then the machine takes about one minute to wake up from sleep.

I have searched the web for solution to this problem but haven't found anything, I have also searched the Western Digital web site without success.

Does anyone have a suggestion. It seems to me that OS 10.5.7 does not like the Western Digital hard drive.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sometimes in order to get the Sleep - Wake options to function properly - especially after a new install, you have to reset the System Management Controller (SMC). Why not give that a try? See this Link.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Good catch on that one harry. I have one of those type of drives installed in my Toshiba notebook (2005 model) and luckily have had no such problem with it. Several months ago I replaced the original HDD in my MacBook with a WD Scorpio 320 GB 7200 but it was a SATA model. :)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.