Shared Library error

C

curlydesign

I'm having a problem with an application launching,......
It's a Game (XIII) but that shouldn't really make a difference,..... (right?)
anyways,...
I installed it a couple of months ago and was playing here and there, and got busy with other projects.
Well, I went to launch the application the other day and now I get a "Shared Library error"

The application "XIII" could not be launched because of a shared library error: ".<XIII><IndirectX CW8 Release><OpenGLLibrary><>"

I know this happens when moving files around, but nothing was moved,.......
I've tried to delete the Application and preference files and re-install,. but no luck, same error.

Can someone help??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hmmm, that error sounds like as though part of the Open GL system isn't working correctly (Ok, that was stating the obvious, I know...).

Open GL is the interface that XIII (and all 3D games) use to access the 3D capabilities of your graphics card. So it sounds as though a necessary game-specific or more general system-wide part of the Open GL interface is broken or missing.

Since reinstalling the game doesn't seem to be working, I'm guessing that a system file isn't working.

Have you tried repairing permissions?

Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility; Select your system partition, hit repair permissions and see if that does the trick...

OP
C

curlydesign

Yes, I did try to repair permissions, but still the same,.....
Thanks,....

I did figure it out though,.......
Seems it had something to do with Classic.
I never launch Classic anymore, so I had no idea.
anyways,......
I tried to Launch Classic, and got the error that it couldn't be updated,.........
Seems with the last system update I did, 10.3.8, some of the Classic updates didn't install, or correctly at least.
So,...I downloaded the "10.3.8 Combo" install from apple, ran it, restarted,
and Bingo.
When I started Classic it asked to update now,.... instead of telling me it couldn't. So I updated and quit.
The Application (XIII) lauches fine now.

So it had to do with that I'm thinking,......
Or maybe just a bad update install,......

Thank you very much for the response though,.......
It was a little thing, but it was starting to drive me nuts,......

Aptmunich said:
Hmmm, that error sounds like as though part of the Open GL system isn't working correctly (Ok, that was stating the obvious, I know...).

Open GL is the interface that XIII (and all 3D games) use to access the 3D capabilities of your graphics card. So it sounds as though a necessary game-specific or more general system-wide part of the Open GL interface is broken or missing.

Since reinstalling the game doesn't seem to be working, I'm guessing that a system file isn't working.

Have you tried repairing permissions?

Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility; Select your system partition, hit repair permissions and see if that does the trick...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.