Black Screen, Solid Light, No Chime

Reaction score
Please help me, I'm at the end of my tether..!!

I was using my laptop [Mac Book Pro, G4] just this afternoon, and it was running fine. I shut the lid down, packed it into my laptop case [didn't shut it down] put it in the boot of my car, and drove 20 minutes to the in-laws. Got to the in-laws, opened the lid, and got nothing. I shut the computer down via holding the power button for a short while, and left it for a few minutes. Pressed the power button back on, and everything seemed normal. The light came on, the drives started running, but no chime, and the screen stayed black. I left it for a moment, hoping it would kick in, but nothing. I tried this a few more times, but to no avail.

I've read many forums, and tried many things, but nothing has worked. I removed, and re sat the Ram, but that did nothing. Please help me fix this, I'm lost without my laptop..!!

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Ok. Get your install disc and run Disk Utility to check the HD and permissions.
Also, if you can, do a hardware check. It sounds like you may have moved the HD while it was operational, which isn't a good idea. If you have you could be stuck, but see if disk utility can see the drive first.

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, Kev. However, the fact that I could not see the screen [as it was black] - means I could not do those things. In the mean time, I tried re sitting the Ram again, which has worked..!!

Now that I've done that, are there any precautions I should take to ensure nothing goes wrong with my computer, outside of the hardware sections. [I will run Disk Utility now] :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.