excel 2008 = NO VBA :-(

Reaction score
hello

is there any way i can get vba to work with office 2008?

because its so frustrating!!

thanks jason

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
None to zero. MS has promised that they will reinstate VB in their next release of Mac Office (whenever that is).

For now, stick with Office 2004 for Mac or Office 2007 for Win if you need VB.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
really? all I've seen is a statement (after a bunch of complaints) that they wouldn't strip it from the windows version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you can tell how quickly I got irritated and started ignoring it :D

Thanks! I'll tell my wife, she'll be pleased (although not about having to buy yet a fourth office version.. 2004, 2008 and 2007)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I don't blame you one bit Dysfunction - I'm not buying office for mac until the next iteration comes out that supports vba. Luckily enough I can use office '07 at work when I really need it, and Open Office the rest of the time.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't blame you one bit Dysfunction - I'm not buying office for mac until the next iteration comes out that supports vba. Luckily enough I can use office '07 at work when I really need it, and Open Office the rest of the time.

Same here. While I do have Office 2007 and use it extensively on our Win PC, I actually like the look and feel of Office 2008 for the Mac better. It's just too bad the "heavy thinkers" at MS decided that Mac users no longer need VB.

I also agree about using Open Office. It's developed into a nice product for the Mac especially since its last update. Still a bit bloated and slow, but it's getting there. :)

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
actually Office 08 for Mac doesn't look as great as I expected. And many features are "soon-to-come" too. However, why would I need those when my need is just typing academic documents? :)) iWork seems ok but quite far-behind if you compare with MSoffice.
Solution suggested: Have an virtual xp OS, use MSoffice 07 directly on Leopard
This works, but has a lot of overhead.. and to be honest, really irritates me that Microsofts poor planning forces this.

BTW OO won't work in Accounting classes, at least not at the local U, since all they flippin teach are using macros.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.