Recommendations, please

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm currently an unsatisfied PC user for the last 15 years...*i know*..and have decided to turn over a new leaf!

However i cannot decide what to buy:

I'm stuck between 2 laptops;

1) The Macbook: - aluminium unibody

13.3-inch, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD, GeForce 9400M SuperDrive

2) The Macbook Pro

13inch 2.26GHz/ 2GB/ 160GB/ GeForce 9400M/ Super Drive

Both laptops have; keyboard backlighting/ ddr3 memory and the price is pretty much the same!

quick few q's:

> I understand that the macbook pro has better HD resolution..will that make a huge difference?
> How easy is it to manually upgrade the ram/ hardrive of the macbook pro?

However so, I cannot decide! I really need your help guys!

Any help will be IMMENSELY appreciated!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I was in the same situation as you and I went with the MBP. You also get the SD card slot on the new machine as well as Firewire 800. The upgrades are very easy. I had the MBP apart 20 minutes after FedEx dropped it off for the hard drive and I put in 4gb of RAM today.

I am happy that I went with the pro in the end. Great machine and a great price IMO. Get it and don't look back!

OP
K
Reaction score
Hey John! Thanks for the swift response! Have you noticed any downsides such as over-heating?

Any other negatives?

Really appreciate it man!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Hey John! Thanks for the swift response! Have you noticed any downsides such as over-heating?

Any other negatives?

Really appreciate it man!

No, I have not. I read a post earlier of a user with the same machine as mine that stated it got really hot while charging. I don't seem to have that issue on mine. It gets warm, but surely not hot to touch.

My only gripe is that the SD card sticks out of the machine when inserted. Other machines I have had took the card all the way in so you could leave it there if necessary. Other than that I have not come across any negatives to speak of. I really love this machine and wish I would have made the move sooner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
That's a no-brainer... Macbook Pro all the way!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Don't the new 13" MB Pros support more RAM than the previous model as well? (8GB rather than 4GB)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3G,MBP 13 inch 2.26
The SD and firewire put me over the top..The faster processor is nice too..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Don't the new 13" MB Pros support more RAM than the previous model as well? (8GB rather than 4GB)
They do but the price of 8GBs of RAM makes it unrealistic as a justifiable expense ;).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.