Why can't pictures download in order shot to a PC

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Ok, I give up. I'm in construction. I go visit job sites and take pictures of them to help in the bidding process when I get back to the office.

Copied over 600 photos of multiple jobs to my computer last week that I'd taken over the last year. Probably had over 50 jobs. Well the pics were all jumbled up. Figured ok, I had been taking pics, deleting pics, so the camera was saving new pics filling in the blanks from the ones I had deleted.

So today, I start out with zero pics on my iPhone, take 24 pics of a job ... in order as I'm walking through so I know what area they're in.

Import them to my PC at work - all out of order - they're numbered from 001-024, but certainly not in the order I took them.

XP Pro and just using it's Scanner and Camera wizard that opens up when I connect the phone.

Is there any way to get them to import IN ORDER!

Only found about 5 hits with this problem on a quick google and no answers.

OP
bobtomay

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Well, I had some more pics to import from my iPhone today and started thinking, maybe this is a MS issue. So I decided to give Picasa a try.

Yep, I was right, it is a Windows thing. Picasa not only copied them from the iPhone to the computer in the proper order and maintaining the iPhone's numbering instead of re-numbering them as Windows did, but also automatically shows all pics in their proper orientation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.